Current Career Opening(s)
Join our team and be part of the effort to build greater opportunities for every person in our community with a Career at United Way of Denton County.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Status: Full time, Exempt | Must be able to work a flexible schedule with seasonally frequent early mornings, late evenings and weekend work.
Description: This Resource Development position, under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, is responsible for researching, prospecting, building a pipeline of potential partners, contacting and securing employee giving campaigns, corporate sponsorships and individual gifts. They also facilitate existing donor engagement, recognition, retention and appreciation. The Resource Development position leads fundraising activities including: employee giving campaigns, county-wide partnership development. The Resource Development position will be responsible for achieving account portfolio goals.
This is an In-Person position.
- Direct responsibility for building strong, win-win relationships with business partners and individual donors.
- Accountable for facilitating highly effective communication with existing donors and new prospects.
- Build cross-functional relationships with organizations and individuals at all levels.
- Hold meetings throughout the community with partners and individual donors to build and enhance relationships.
- Secure new employee giving campaign partnerships.
- Increase overall participation at existing employee giving campaigns.
- Increase overall funds raised through employee giving campaigns.
- Cultivate and nurture Leadership Gift and Planned Gift donations.
- Serve as the year-round point of contact and strategic advisor for employee giving campaign partnerships.
- Provide the “best of class experience” for community investors through proactive communication, excellent donor experiences and ongoing communication.
- Training and equip workplace giving campaign Ambassadors.
- Plan and execute UWDC resource development team special events and donor recognition activities.
- Leverage community volunteers to achieve new donor development goals.
New Donor Development
- Secure market intelligence and develop strategies that lead to increased resource development successes.
- In collaboration with the Resource Development Team build a pipeline of high priority prospects, conduct background research, develop approaches to secure employee giving campaign partnerships.
- In partnership with the Chief Development Officer, create annual account plans and action steps that engage partners on a year-round basis with UWDC and secures increased financial support for UWDC.
- Leverage community volunteers to achieve new donor development goals.
Volunteer & External Relationship Management
- Develop and support to assist in resource development activities and goals.
- Develop a deeper connection within the community to achieve fundraising goals and activities.
- Recruit and cultivate new employee giving campaign Ambassadors.
- Inspire and connect employee campaign Ambassadors to the importance of successful employee giving campaigns, year-round communication, increased volunteerism, and advocacy.
- Demonstrated fundraising or related experience with success in securing new donors and partnerships.
- Proven ability to raise funds working collaboratively with teams of volunteers, board members, committees and C-suite level leaders.
- Effective oral, written and listening communications skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals and organizations in an effective manner.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to function strategically with proven ability to execute a fundraising plan in a timely basis.
- Ability to take initiative and be creative in thinking and solutions generation.
- Organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment consisting of staff and community volunteers.
- High-energy, enthusiastic, flexible, self-starting individual with a positive outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of assigned accounts in a manner that increases annual results.
- Ability to achieve expectations of the position’s key accountabilities in a staff and volunteer team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, adapt and to persuade others to close fundraising opportunities.
- Confident and self-aware, able to work positively with others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools is required.
- Proficiency with ANDAR 360 and/or other fundraising software is strongly preferred.
- Perform other related duties as requested - This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. UWDC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Two to three years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, account management and/or related experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, provide proof of insurance, own a mobile phone and able to travel throughout Denton County as required to fulfill the duties of the position.
- Must pass criminal history background check upon request.
- Physical health & mobility needed to perform the responsibilities of the position. Activities such as bending, lifting, stooping, squatting are frequently required to perform duties; including but not limited to lifting or moving up to 30lbs.
Eviction Prevention Specialist
Reports to: Director of Financial Initiatives
Basic Functions: Supports the application and payment processes of United Way of Denton County administered Eviction Prevention Programs
Status: Temporary, Non-Exempt - Full Time OR Part Time | Immediate to December 31, 2023 or end of program
Description: United Way of Denton County serves as the trusted partner to private foundations and all levels of government for administration of eviction prevention programs and other temporary government aid provided via the nonprofit/social services sector. Among these partnerships is the efficient provision of housing and utilities aid to prevent eviction and utility shutoff due to and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is an in-office or hybrid position, adhering to COVID-19 health & safety procedures when necessary.
- Support daily operations and continuous improvement of UWDC’s eviction prevention program
- Guide and manage walk-in eviction prevention clients at UWDC’s office
- Screen households who have lost income due to or during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Screen households seeking assistance with housing and/or utilities
- Gather necessary application documentation from qualifying households and vendors
- Submit and review qualifying applications via Neighborly online portal
- Refer non-qualifying households to other resources in community
- Secure Form W-9’s and other necessary payment documentation
- Communicate outcomes to households, case managers and/or vendors as needed
- Submit check requests and prepare vouchers for approved payments
- Document processes and train additional staff and interns as needed to assist in the screening and application process
- Complete other duties as assigned related to UWDC’s eviction prevention programs
- Spanish language proficiency highly desired
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant experience assisting individuals and families in crisis preferred
- Must be a strong communicator, detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office365 tools
- Position subject to background check
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.